8/23/2008

Kurt and I went to the Army Navy surplus store today and when we walked through the security gate we both made the stupid things beep! Everyone in the store stopped what they were doing to find out who made the alarm go off! It was a bit embarrassing. A store clerk made us walk through the gate again to make sure it wasn't a mistake, and sure enough we beeped again! The lesson learned from this is: when you buy a new pair of jeans from a store other than Wal-Mart, make sure you cut the little tag off from the inside seam! I had no clue that it was even there until the clerk ran the little scanner over us and deactivated the stupid things.

4 comments:

Jillo said...

Ha ha! I always wondered what would happen if I didn't cut that tag off. Now I know.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Ha ha. That's funny.

Boquinha said...

I don't think I've ever seen one of those. I guess that shows where I shop. :P Or maybe it's a west thing?

Melissa and Mike said...

Ha, ha, that totally happened to me once too. They also say to remove it before washing and I wonder what THAT would do...does our washing machines have alarms? =0)