1/01/2010

Thanksgiving/Christmas

This year for Thanksgiving we were able to travel to Colorado and spend some time with my (the Ealey) family. We also did some Christmas stuff while we were there since it was the only time we would be together over the holidays. Poor Amy started getting a nasty cold the day before we left Utah and didn't feel real well the whole trip. You will see what I mean in some of the pictures below!

It was great being together with everyone for Thanksgiving. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, but everyone was there: Dad, Mom, Shauna, Chauncy, Chloe, Emily, Missy, Eric, Olivia, Carley, Ty, Melanie, Ryan, Preston, Parker, Me, Kurt, Amy, Amanda, and Anthony. Plus we also had Chauncy's parents come down from Ft. Collins to eat dinner with us. I didn't do much cooking or helping out in the kitchen so I can't take credit for any of the yummy food, but I sure did help eat it!

That night we had our Christmas with the Ealey family and everyone brought gifts to open. Amy didn't have a real fun time since she wasn't feeling well and was a real grouch when she opened up a new dress from Grandma and Grandad. She didn't want anything to do with it! She really does love it though and looks so cute in it. Everyone was spoiled and it was a lot of fun being together for our ThanksChristmas!

After we were done with Christmas all of the girls, except for the little ones, headed to the movies to watch New Moon. It was fun going with my mom and sisters and laughing at all of the cheesy parts. What a long, but fun, Thanksgiving day!

The next day we were able to attend the graveside service for Shauna and Chauncy's boys . It was so peaceful at the cemetery and I could really feel the spirit and love that surrounded Shauna and her family. I know that the boys are watching over their family and that someday all of us will get to be with them.

On Saturday there was a baby shower for Mandy. I brought my camera and had every intention of taking pictures, but have nothing to show for it! Sorry Mandy! We did have a great time though and Mandy got a lot for baby Mason. I can't wait to meet him in a month!

We had three very busy days and it was so much fun to be with my family. Thanks to my parents for the home videos that they gave all of the kids. It has been very entertaining to watch my awkward years!

These are the few pictures that I did take.



Amy cheered everyone on


Missy and Shauna made the mashed potatoes


Melanie made the turkey for Thanksgiving


Kurt kept busy on the laptop


Some of the kids "patiently" waiting to open gifts

Not so happy Amy, and Kurt

This is how it was most of the time, snot and tears!


Amy's new baby from Grandma and Grandad Ealey

No comments: