With the new year starting, I had made a resolution to start going to the gym again. I love going into the cinema room and watching the movie on the big screen while I work out! Kurt has been taking care of the girls while I am gone, and at the end of the day it is a nice break to have some alone time!
On the night of the 27th I came home to a quiet house, with both of the girls sound asleep! I went downstairs to talk to Kurt and see how everything went while I was gone, and found out that the night had not been quiet for him at all.
The girls were playing downstairs, having fun being wild, when Kurt told Amy to settle down before she got hurt. It wasn't 5 seconds after he said that, that Amy tripped and fell on the carpet, hurting her arm. Kurt knew right away by how Amy was crying that it really did hurt her. Since she was asleep when I got home, there wasn't much I could do for her that night.
The next day I called the doctor's office and they sent me to the hospital to get an x-ray done. Long story short, I ended up going to the wrong hospital and decided that since Amy's arm didn't look swollen that I would just wait it out over the weekend and see how she did with it. It was a crazy day because our house was just listed on the market and I had been getting phone calls left and right with people that wanted to come and see the house. I was stressed to say the least and headed over to my in-laws to finish working since we couldn't be at home.
Once my mother-in-law saw that Amy wasn't using her arm at all, she said that it was probably broken. I was feeling really bad that I didn't take her to the doctor's or get the x-ray done. Kurt came home from work about that time and we decided that it would be best to get the x-ray done since it was Friday and we wouldn't be able to do much on Saturday.
So another long story short, they came back and Amy was in a splint past her elbow! She had buckle fracture above her wrist and would need to go back for a cast and have it on for 4 weeks. I really felt bad that I didn't take her earlier in the day once I heard that!
All in all, Amy did really good with a broken arm. Of course she had to have a pink cast and everyone always asked her about it. Whenever she would talk to my mom or dad on the phone, the first thing she would tell them is that she had a pink cast on.
No comments:
Post a Comment