6/27/2011

Good-Bye Old House, Hello New House-03/26/11

In an earlier post I mentioned that we had listed our house for sale and never in a million years did I think that things would go as fast as they did! It was the end of January when we put our house on the market and the first weekend of showings we had an offer! I couldn't believe it and it didn't feel right to accept, not to mention that it was way lower then we wanted to go, so we countered back and never heard anything else from the potential buyer.



The next few weeks were totally crazy!! It was so hard to keep the house in show condition, leave when someone wanted to walk through, take care of the kids, do primary stuff, and work all at the same time. Amy had a broken arm at the time and that made things even better! I was feeling a little overwhelmed with things and I'm sure that Amy and Hailey thought they had a crazy mom. I really didn't know how I would be able to keep this up day after day.


A week before Amy and Hailey's birthdays, we headed to Colorado to spend some time with my family. It was a great break from trying to keep on top of everything. On our way back, I got a voice mail that we had a pretty good offer on the house, and from there the rest all seems like a dream!


To make a long story short, we accepted the offer and started to look for our a house to call home. We spent about a day and a half looking and luckily found our new home not far from our old home! We put in an offer and by the end of March we were all moved in. We had tons of help from family, friends, and Ward members that made everything possible. It was sad to leave our old neighborhood and friends, but exciting to have some new changes in our lives.


I don't really have any good pictures of the new house, but here is what I do have. We are really enjoying having more room and being able to spread out a little more, and the timing couldn't be better since we found out in the middle of all of this that we are expecting our third baby in November!!!!









1 comment:

Emily said...

Your house is gorgeous! I'm majorly jealous. It looks so nice, and a great yard, and a play/swingset! I bet you're LOVING it.

Congratulations on the pregnancy. 3 is FUN.