With each of my children I have always looked forward to the day when their dad would give them a baby blessing. This time was no different. I was so excited that I had so many family members and good friends come and join us for such a special day.
My parents and sister Shauna and her family drove out from Colorado to be with us. They were going to come on Friday but couldn't because of a big snow storm that hit in Colorado. They drove all day Saturday to be here and then had to turn around and leave early Monday morning. It was so great to have them here!
Other people that came to join us included: Kurt's parents, all of his brothers and their families, my sister Amanda and her family, Deena, Karla, and Lauryn, my friend Sara and her husband, my friend Nicole and her daughter Addison, my cousin Mickey and his family, and our neighbors from across the street, the Williams.
Trey had many people who love him stand in the circle while Kurt gave him a name and a blessing. Besides his dad, there were both of his grandpas, Grandpa Oaks and Grandad Ealey, his uncles Keith, Kraig, and Anthony, and my cousin Mickey. The blessing was beautiful and the spirit was so strong. Trey did great and didn't even make a sound while he was being blessed. Another baby, that was born 3 days after Trey, was also blessed. I am hoping that baby Trey and baby Matthew will grow up to be great friends!
After sacrament we invited everyone over to our house to visit and eat some lunch. I was happy that the weather was somewhat warm so that the kids could have fun playing outside.
My family was a huge help in getting things ready for lunch and I couldn't have done it with out them. I was busy taking pictures and visiting with everyone and didn't have much of a chance to help out with things. For some reason when ever my mom is around I feel like she should be in charge and not me!
A big thanks to everyone who came out to support us on such a special day for our family. I am so thankful for the priesthood which Kurt holds and that he can give our children such a priceless gift.
| Love this picture! |
No comments:
Post a Comment