11/13/2012

August 2012- Packing up and saying good-bye to Utah!

August can be summed up as an unforgettable month.  I had my last day of work, (and I love my new found freedom by-the-way), we packed up our house to move to Colorado, Trey and I flew to Colorado to see our new house, the kids and I were able to do some fun things to pass the time, and we had to say good-bye to our family and friends in Utah.

I have made some really good friends over the past 15 years that I have lived in Utah and it was tough to say good-bye.  Some I will be able to keep in touch with through the Internet, while others it won't be as easy.  Even though I'm going back to my "home", I will always consider Utah my home as well.  It's where I graduated from college, met and married Kurt, and had my kids.  It's where I worked for over 10 years at the same place, and met some amazing people.  I can't put into words what Utah means to me.  Half of my family is there and I will miss them so much.  My kids will miss their cousins and friends, and we will all miss Sunday dinners at Grandma and Grandpa Oaks' house.

I will miss having Grandma and Grandpa so close by.  Since Kurt has been in Colorado and I have been on my own, Lonnie and Linda have saved me in more ways than one!  Linda has come over more times than I can count to pick up the kids and take them for the afternoon.  There were two times that I was so sick that I couldn't really do anything but lay in bed, and Lonnie and Linda were there to help me with whatever I needed.  Linda even stayed the night with us one night!  Lonnie has done countless repairs around the house to help us get it sold, and I wouldn't have been able to fly to Colorado if they didn't take the girls for a few days for me.  I will miss them.   

But, I am excited for Colorado.  I get to be close to my parents, sisters and their families, and my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins that I grew up with.  I will get to meet new people and make new friends, as will my kids.  I will get to show my kids where I played and lived when I was little.  So I am excited to move on to new adventures and new things, and as Colorado was only a days drive away, Utah will be as well and we will still get to see our many loved ones.

Pictures from the month...










Trey's new trick!



Standing up all by himself!





When we moved into our house a little over a year ago, the little neighbor girl across the street has been coming over to play with Amy.  I didn't know at the time, but Berlynn quickly became one of Amy's very best friends.  These girls would play together 24/7 if we let them!  The first thing Amy asks when she wakes up each day, is if she can see if Berlynn is home.  It's hard making her wait until at least 9:30 or 10 in the morning before we can see if she can play.  I love that they play so good together, but man can they make the biggest messes!  Even Hailey gets in on the action sometimes!  Berlynn has gone with us to several places and Amy has been able to go with Berlynn's family a number of times.  I have also been able to become friends with Adria, Berlynn's mom, which has been nice!  The girls love to walk home from Church together and they play house with Berlynn's older sister Kyla.  It has been a great friendship for Amy.  She is so sad to leave Berlynn, and I am so sad for her. 



Not even a dent in the packing!

Trey and Lori, the most fabulous babysitter I could ask for!
When I started back to work after Trey was born, I didn't think it would be any harder than it was before.  I had working and taking care of 2 kids down pretty good, so I didn't think adding Trey to the mix would be any more difficult.  Boy was I wrong!  I needed help with the kids.  I was so blessed to have my next door neighbor, Lori McCleod, come and help me a few days of the week.  She would come over in the morning and get the kids breakfast, get them dressed, and play with them while I worked.  The kids loved having Lori there and loved that they could go over to her house to play.  It was so nice for me to be able to get my work done without having multiple interruptions.  She really has been great for the girls, Trey, and me!  We will miss Lori a lot! 



2 comments:

Emily said...

It's so bittersweet! Moving to New Mexico last year, where I grew up, was so hard. But it is really nice to be close to my hometown, my oldest sister, and my friends that I grew up with. But I really miss my Utah family and friends.

Stacy said...

Emily it has been an interesting journey, that is for sure! And I keep leaving comments on your blog and they show that they posted, but when I look again they are gone!