11/05/2012

July 2012

July was super busy for us.  It was nice to have so many distractions while Kurt is in Colorado.  I celebrated my 33rd birthday on the 14th and, while it was quiet, it was nice to hear from my family and friends and get flowers sent to me from Kurt and my parents.

Showings on the house have been busy off and on.  While I am anxious to get the house under contract, it is nice to have days where I don't have to worry about keeping the house spotless or loading up the kids to get out of the house for a showing.  It is pretty stressful at times! 





My parents were able to come out during the 24th for a visit.  We went to a Pioneer Pageant done by Merrile Osmond.  Before the show they had 3 guys jump from a plane and parachute into the arena.  It was fun to watch them jump out, pull their parachute, and land right in front of us. 












We spent one day downtown visiting the new mall that was opened in April.  We mostly walked around and let the kids play in the play area and in the water.  All of the shops are way to expensive for my taste!






On the morning of the 24th, we woke up early and headed back downtown to watch the Pioneer Day parade.  I was able to have some friends from our old West Jordan ward save us some spots along the parade route.  People start lining up the day before and it's hard to find a good spot the day of the parade.  I like going to watch, but not enough to camp out the night before for a spot! 

The sky was overcast for most of the parade which made it nice to sit there for so long.  It was fun to see Henry B. Eyring in the parade this year.  There were a ton of floats, bands, dancers, motorcycle cops, and horses.  I didn't get any pictures of any of it, but it was still fun to be there with my kids and my parents and Amy's friend Berlynn. 


My parents headed back to Colorado on the morning of the 25th.  I hadn't really talked to Kurt much on the phone that week since we were pretty busy with my mom and dad.  That night when we were in bed, (all 3 kids have been sleeping in my bed since Kurt has been gone), I got a text message from Kurt asking if the kids were asleep.  I thought it was strange why he would ask me that, and then I got another text to look out the bedroom window.  I was kind of freaked out since it was late at night, but when I looked in the driveway, there was Kurt!  He drove all day to come home and surprise us!

Amy was asleep before Kurt got home and I couldn't get her to wake up to see the surprise, but Hailey was so cute when she saw her dad come in the door.  She ran to him and just wanted him to hold her.  Even Trey was excited to see his dad!  Amy woke up in the middle of the night and when she saw that Kurt was there, she started telling him all about what had been going on since he was gone.  It was so funny to hear her.  We were all so glad to have him home!

Things kind of worked out perfect for us that weekend.  We had a couple of showings on the house, one of which got an offer that we decided to take!  Our home has only been listed for a month and now is under contract!  If things go right, we should be closing on August 28th.  Now Kurt has to get busy and find us a place to live in Colorado. 

I also found out that my last day of work will be August 1st.  I am sad that things worked out with the company the way they did, especially after the other credit union took over, but I am not sad about leaving them.  It had been a rough year and I disagree on a number of changes they have made.  We used to be a family at the credit union, and now it is a big corporation where I feel like all I am is a number to them.  It will be a happy, happy day on August 2nd! 

No comments: