6/30/2008

100 Things about me...

100. I grew up in Rye, Colorado surrounded by all of my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandma on my dads side of the family.
99. I feel like I have an empty space inside of me because I haven't been able to spend time with these family members and really don't feel like I know them any more.
98. I want my children to grow up with their cousins and be best friends with them like I was with mine.
97. I always wanted to have a horse when I was growing up and would ask for one every Christmas.
96. Some of my favorite memories are spending time with my family at my grandma "moms" house on Christmas Eve and waiting by the fire place to hear Santa yell down the chimney.
95. Then we would go home and my grandma "gammy" and grandpa would always be there waiting for us. I always felt so lucky to be able to live close to both sets of grandparents and now I can't wait to be able to see them all again someday.
94. I was the "Winter Sports Queen" during my senior year of high school.
93. I loved running track in high school, but never made it to state until my senior year.
92. I filmed the football games for my high school and was also the boys basketball manager.
91. Once my friend and I walked into the boys locker room while the coach was changing his clothes. I don't think I have ever been so embarrassed in all of my life!
90. I wish that I was better at scrapbooking, blogging, and photography. I envy my sisters and sisters-in-law (is that how you say it) because they are all so good at it.
89. I have never been much of a girlie girl. I don't know how to fix my hair, put my make up on the correct way, or pick out outfits that will look good on me.
88. I love reality t.v. and watch way too much of it. It is a good thing that I don't have cable t.v.
87. I have always been shy.
86. My face turns bright red when I am embarrassed about things or if I am uncomfortable in the situation.
85. I love and admire all of my sisters and the way they have lived their lives.
84. I lived in Zimbabwe for 3 months for my college internship.
83. I am afraid of flying and would rather sit in the car for hours on end then get on a plane.
82. Once I was swinging from a rope and fell and broke my tail bone and could hardly walk for days. That same day my cousin Jake made a dog chase me and my cousin Sarah and I can remember how much it hurt to run. Now every time I sit on a hard chair for very long my tail bone starts to hurt and the memories come flooding back to me of how every thing happened that day.
81. I am the master at giving anyone the silence treatment. (Just ask my sisters!)
80. Cleaning the bathroom is the thing I hate doing the most in my house. Sometimes I can go for months and not clean it (gross) and then when I finally put the gloves on to do it, I wish that I had made the effort to clean it a lot sooner.
79. I hate for people to see me cry.
78. I miss my family
77. I really want to move back to Colorado to be closer to my family, but then I would miss all of my family here in Utah and probably want to move back to Utah.
76. I don't think that I was a good big sister to Mandy and wish that I was nicer to her while we were growing up.
75. I love Girl Scout cookies.
74. I work at home for a Credit Union.
73. I have two cell phones, one for work and the other is my personal phone.
72. I hate to call people I don't know very well on the phone.
71. I graduated from BYU in 2001 and have never done anything with my degree, not something to brag about.
70. Camping always sounds fun, but then when I am actually doing it I feel like I want to go home.
69. Kurt and I once packed all of out camping gear in suitcases and flew to Colorado to go camping with my family over a Labor Day weekend. I'm sure the people at the airport thought we were crazy.
68. I am a Denver Broncos fan, and proud of it!
67. I always take things too personally and end up holding a grudge for a long time.
66. I love to go rock climbing with Kurt, but we haven't gone since I was pregnant with Amy.
65. When I was little I hated going on rides in the mountains, but now I love to go and look at all of the beautiful scenery.
64. I have two Jack Russell Terriers, Maggie May and C.J., who used to be very spoiled, but now they don't as much attention since Amy was born and I feel bad about that.
63. I used to be a cat person when I was growing up, but now I don't think I could live with one.
62. I am good at using a 10 key.
61. While I was working as a teller for the same C.U. I am at now, I was robbed by some guy who gave me a note that said he had a gun.
60. I wish I could communicate with others better.
59. This list is a lot harder to come up with than I thought it would be.
58. When I found out that I was pregnant with Amy I called and told my mom and made her promise not to tell anyone until we were ready to tell. I didn't tell my dad and I have always felt bad about that.
57. I am excited to watch the Olympics in August.
56. I hate to cook, but I think I would like it better if I knew how to make good things.
55. When I was growing up I wanted to marry and Australian (for his accent) and live in Alaska.
54. When I read other peoples' blogs I find them very inspiring and wish that I could write (type) the same way or come up with profound things to say.
53. I think I am boring.
52. I was afraid of fireworks when I was little
51. and would hide in cars or buildings and cry while they were going off.
50. Now I love to watch them.
49. Since I have had Amy I can remember more things about my childhood.
48. I am not a good singer, but I love to sing to Amy and make up songs about whatever we are doing.
47. One of my favorite things to do is get together with my sisters and have "remember when" nights.
46. I love going to Sunday dinner at the in-laws. It is the only really good meal I get all week long.
45. I am a sucker for the details about important events in other peoples' lives (engagement, wedding, babies, etc.)
44. I think someday I would like to have my own reception center so that I could be a part of all the fun events that would happen there.
43. I worry about the future and not being able to watch my children grow up.
42. I am superstitious about things.
41. My favorite color is blue.
40. I wish I was more photogenic.
39. I love going to expensive hotels with my husband, but we can only do this about once a year.
38. I try so hard to be on time places, but I hate getting ready too early so I end up being late almost every time.
37. I used to clean toilets at BYU.
36. Sometimes I am afraid of thunder and lightning.
35. I love to read, but I haven't had time to since Amy was born.
34. I wish that people could read my mind, but not all of the time.
33. I thought skim milk was so gross when I was little, but now I love it and drink it all of the time.
32. I don't like fish, gravy, or eggs (other than hard boiled) but I think I would like them if I was brave enough to give them a taste.
31. Someday I want to live in a brand new house, or one that doesn't need any fixing up.
30. Right now I am having a hard time understanding why bad things happen to good people.
29. I worry that I won't be a good enough mom and that my kids won't learn important things from me.
28. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (okay everyone start singing...)
27. I love being in Primary and relearning the songs from the children's song book.
26. I am not very good at reading my scriptures.
25. I was happy to get released from being the activities chair, but I really did love the calling (most of the time) because it helped me to get to know a lot of people in my ward.
24. I have a hard time saying "no" to people.
23. I wish I was better at visiting teaching.
22. When I was in kindergarten I was late to school one day because I lost one of my shoes. I was so upset about being late that I cried and cried until I threw up in front of my whole class.
21. I love the way I feel when my baby smiles at me.
20. I like the number 7. I was born in the 7th month on the 14th day and I think that is lucky.
19. Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year.
18. I wish that I could remember my Granddad.
17. My sisters think that I was an angel growing up, but I didn't see myself that way at all.
16. I keep trying to finish this list and I have to go to a Primary meeting in a little while and I am not ready at all.
15. Some of my favorite movies are romantic comedies.
14. I am not a very political person.
13. I know that I should be.
12. I don't understand why it is so hard to make myself go to the gym.
11. I have waisted a lot of money on fitness products that I purchased from the t.v., all of them are collecting dust now.
10. Someday I hope that Kurt and I can be temple workers
9. and go on a mission together.
8. I wish that I could grow a garden, but not worry about pulling the weeds.
7. I feel very blessed to have married into the Oaks family.
6. I would love to have a boy, but I am afraid that I wouldn't know what to do with him.
5. I love anything sweet.
4. I also love most vegetables.
3. I am happy that I only have two more things about me to go.
2. I am glad that I went to college, but wish that I would have gotten more out of the experience.
1. I once chased a goat in Zimbabwe.

Whew...that was fun, but kind of hard to think of things. I tag all of my sisters!


6 comments:

Boquinha said...

Stacy, what a great list!! I love how you narrated all through it how you were feeling about even doing the list! I'm so glad you did it! It's so nice to get to know you better.

"Visiting" online with you and your sisters-in-law makes us want to visit you guys when we're in Utah (whenever that is) along with our family and friends there.

Jillo said...

Stacy, That was so fun to read. I really like these 100 lists, you learn so much about people.

I, for one, am glad you live here instead of Colorado, but I can really understand how rotten it would be to miss your sisters.
We love you, though.

You had some pretty funny insights. Thanks for sharing them. =)

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your list! We have a lot of things in common :) And yes, you are the queen of the silent treatment, and everyday I wish you guys lived by us!

Steven and Stephanie said...

I loved reading that, I really felt I got to know you better!! I also learned we have a lot in common. I think it would be fun to have a remember when with you and your sisters. I miss you tons. I love you TONS too!!!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

This was so much fun to read. I loved learning more about you. LOL to #55 (marrying an Aussie for his accent) I had the same goal when I was young :) Also, I agree with #7 and I love being part of your family. I'm so lucky I got such amazing SILs.

You are such an amazing person and an amazing mom. Amy is SO LUCKY to have you!!!

emily said...

i never knew you ran track!!! how come laura and i were running alone in mutoko!?! ;)

i liked your 100 list too, maybe i'll do one too.

if you were doing 101, you could have put that you let the goat get away!