A Visit to Vernal
This past weekend we decided to take a trip out to Vernal to visit with Kurt's grandparents. Vernal really isn't all that far away, but for some reason it has been a year and a half since we were there.
We arrived at Grandma Johnstun's house around 6:00 Saturday evening, just in time to have Kurt's favorite dinner, pizza, with Amy and Emil. It was nice to sit around the table and visit. I can tell how much Grandma (Pope) Johnstun really loves to visit with her grandchildren.
Afterwards, Kurt was able to show Amy and Emil how to use their DVD player. They have a lot of DVD's but have never watched any of them because they weren't sure how to. It was great that Kurt could help them out.
On Sunday we were able to go to church with Amy and Emil. It was so much fun seeing Amy show baby Amy off to all of her friends. Baby Amy is named after Grandma Johnstun and she seems really pleased to have a great grandchild with her name. I love that Amy will be able to tell people that she has a special name when she is older and I hope that she will learn all about her great grandma and what a special person she is.
After church we were able to spend a couple more hours at Amy and Emil's home. We ate a great lunch and then Kurt took me and baby Amy around the property. He showed us the ditch he used to play in when he was little, and told stories about all the fun things he did when he went to grandma's house. It made me think of both my grandmas and how much I miss them.
After our tour, we packed up and headed home. Even though we didn't spend that much time in Vernal, it was great to get out of the city and be together as a family. We plan on making more trips out that way and hope that next time we will be able to visit Grandma Oaks.

Amy and Amy

Grandma Johnstun, Amy, and Kurt
3 comments:
amy is so round and wonderful--i love the picture with her great-gram. mary's named after my grandma, too--good idea you had!
Great pictures! I'm so glad you went out! I've been thinking I'll just have to go without Keith. Poor Keith is too busy to go :(
Hi Stacy!
(That's my name, too--same spelling as well!). I'm your husband's cousin's wife (Foleys). So fun to see pictures of Grandma Pope (our kids call her "Amy the Great!"). She's such a dear. I've found your blog through April's blog. Nice to "meet" you!
Post a Comment