I know most of my posts are about Amy, but she is at the center of my life right now and as her mom I can't help but write about her. She turned 5 months old on Saturday. I keep thinking how last year at this time, nobody even really knew that I was pregnant. It was kind of fun to keep such a huge secret from family and friends and then tell them at just the right time. I love the element of surprise!
At her 4 month check up, Amy weighed in at 17.2 pounds (95th percentile), 25 1/2 inches (81st percentile), and 42.5 cm (80th percentile) for her head. She is growing like a weed! People always tell me that their kids didn't weigh that much when they turned one year old! What can I say, my kid loves to eat and grow!
We started Amy on rice cereal a couple of weeks ago and so far she loves it. I really never understood how kids made such a mess when eating...but now I know! I find myself cleaning up rice cereal off the wall behind Amy, the chair she sits in, her hair, from up her nose, her hands, legs, feet, and face and also from my hair, face, hands, and arms!! We have fun while she is eating though. She is really very interested when I make airplane or train sounds while moving the spoon in all different directions!
2 comments:
What a cutie she is! Such a nice post. Go ahead and post about her, we don't mind!!
She is so cute!! That's hilarious about how messy she is. I'm not sure anyone can top Megan's messiness though :)
Post a Comment