9/06/2008

Colorado Camping...

Over Labor Day weekend, Kurt, Amy, and I loaded up the truck and headed to Colorado for an Ealey Family camp out. (On a side note, my sister Shauna has a blog about the weekend and more pictures if you are interested in seeing more of the family.) We left Salt Lake on Friday morning, around 6:45, so that we could make it to the mountain and get camp set up that night. Around 7:00 a.m. we had to pull off the side of I215 to fix a flat tire on the tent trailer! So after 2 hours of getting a spare put on and then going to the tire store to buy 2 new tires, we were off to Colorado. We didn't make it to the mountain that night, but instead stayed with my mom and Shauna's family at Gammy's house in Pueblo. The bed and shower were worth it after a long drive that day.

We finally were able to make it to the mountain Saturday morning. Kurt was great at getting camp set up for us. We just bought a used tent trailer and it was so wonderful to have while camping. We had a nice bed to sleep on, a sink with water, and a heater to keep us warm at night. (I also like to believe that we were safer in the trailer than in a tent if a bear decided to come during the night, but I just tell myself that to make me feel better!) Amy was such a good camper. Everyone loved her cute cheeks and how much she smiled. I was amazed that she could still sleep through the night even though it wasn't her own bed. She loved watching her cousins and all of the other kids that were running around camp. I'm pretty sure that she would have won the award for the cleanest camper if they were giving out awards!

We had so much fun visiting with family and friends. It has been awhile since I have seen some of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their families, so it was great to catch up with all of them. I can't believe how much our Ealey family has grown over the years. I'm sure Mom and Grandad loved watching all of us together. They sure would be proud of the family that they have created.

Here are some pictures of our trip. Kurt had the camera the whole time, so he isn't in any of the pictures. I will get him next time!





This is how Amy had to eat her cereal while we were traveling across Wyoming.




Here is our tent trailer.




The barn (not really a barn though)




Cute camping girl


Shauna


Grandad, Chloe, and Olivia


Emily


Olivia


Parker


Carley


Preston




Mission: Wolf










Colorado Mountains








Wyoming sunset

3 comments:

Boquinha said...

Looks like fun! And your baby is adorable!!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I really enjoyed looking at all of these pictures. I'm glad you had a good time!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.