11/26/2008



9 months old today-


Dear Amy,

I wanted to write you a letter because you won't remember this day when you get older and I wanted you to know just how much I love you and how much happiness you bring to my heart.

I can't believe how you have changed in one month! You are not my little baby anymore, and you are becoming more independent every day. You can do so many things on your own now and you are amazing!

You are crawling, but not the normal way. You don't put your knees on the ground, but you walk on your feet instead! It is so fun to watch you, and you are fast!

You love to get into anything and everything. I love going into your room to find you standing up at your dresser, pulling out all of your clothes. You just look at me and smile, as if you are saying "look at what I did mom, aren't you proud?" and I truly am!

Bath time has gone from the little tub, to the big tub and you love the freedom. Now you can stand up and play, even though mommy tells you to sit down so that you won't get hurt. You love to splash around and go from one end of the tub to the other.

You are learning to eat lots of new things. You love graham crackers and have fun throwing what you don't want to C.J. and Maggie. You will always have an audience of two dogs when you eat!

Your two new bottom teeth are getting very sharp! You have just discovered them and are chewing on everything in site.

I love to watch you in your little high chair. You put your toes on the edge of the tray. It is so cute to see you hold on with your toes while you are concentrating on eating.




You still suck on your thumb when you are tired and it is still just so cute. I love to hold you in my arms and watch you fall asleep.

You give the sweetest kisses and loves to mommy and daddy. You pat us on our shoulder, just like we pat you on the back. And I love when you crawl over to me because you want me to hold you. You sure do know how to make your mommy feel special.

You have a contagious laugh. Making you laugh is one of my very favorite things to do with you. If I am ever having a bad day, all I have to do is hear you laugh and things don't seem so bad after all.

Amy I love you with all of my heart. You have made these past nine months so fun for me. I can't imagine spending my time any other way. I hope that you will continue to amaze me every day as I watch you grow into a little girl.

Love,
Your Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love the letter and all the other things you post to keep track of how Amy is growing. I wish I was better at that with my girls.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I love that you have this all written down. What a great letter.

Watching Amy fall asleep on you the other day was so cute. I was so jealous. I wanted to scoop her out of your arms and take her :)