I am having a hard time thinking that in two months, my little baby will be one! She is growing up so fast and has changed so much since the day she was born. Here are the highlights of the last month:
First Thanksgiving. She didn't get to eat any of the yummy Thanksgiving food that was on the table, but she did get to eat sweet potatoes from a jar!
Disney World! Amy has flown on an airplane once before, so it wasn't a first for her, but it was her first time in Florida. While we were there Amy got to go swimming for the first time and also got her first ponytail put into her hair.
Eating more of a variety of foods. When I first tried to give Amy stage 3 food, she would gag and make a face like "this is the grossest thing in the world mom" and didn't want anything to do with it. I think that it was a texture thing because it was the same things she has eaten before, just chunkier. I started giving her little puff things and graham crackers hoping to get her to like chunkier textures, and it worked! Now she is eating lots of things and loving it. She also loves to tease the dogs with her graham crackers and then give them a bite.
Check-up with the doctor. Amy is starting to even out in the weight department. She is 20.5 pounds, which is in the 75th percentile (she has always been in the upper to lower 90's). This is not the case with her height though. She is 29 inches tall, 95th percentile for her age, and will probably out grow her mom someday! The doctor said that she is healthy and right on schedule with her growth. I couldn't ask for anything better than a healthy baby.
Standing all by herself. I couldn't believe how long Amy stood without holding on to anything! She has amazing balance and is standing all by herself for longer periods of time every day.
First Christmas. I was so excited for Amy's first Christmas. She loved looking at the lights on the Christmas tree and couldn't stand to leave the ornaments on the branches. On Christmas Eve our family started a new tradition, (new to us anyway), with everyone opening up a new pair of pajamas. Then, on Christmas morning Kurt and I watched Amy find her new car seat that Santa left under the tree. (Mom got to ask Santa to bring something for Amy since she can't talk yet!) Amy really wasn't into opening her presents as much as I had hoped she would be, but it was still fun to watch. She really was spoiled by Mom and Dad, her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
First black eye (okay more of a bruise under her eye) and first fat lip! Her first black eye happened while we were in Florida. It was our last night there and Kurt and I were trying to get packed up when Amy fell and hit right under her eye on a safe that was in the room. Her second black eye (I know, I feel like a terrible mom.) happened when she was climbing on some boxes in our bedroom and decided to stand up. She ended up falling off and and getting hurt in the same place as the first time! My poor baby. The fat lip happened on Christmas day when she was crawling down the hall in her pajamas and somehow slipped and hit her face on the floor. Her tooth hit her lip and it started to bleed all over the place. Which brings me to...
More teeth! Amy now has two teeth on the top, and two teeth on the bottom. She loves when I wear a sweat shirt and she can run the strings through her teeth! It must feel real good to her because she can do that for hours!
I can't wait to see how many teeth, fat lips, and black eyes the next month brings! I love you baby Amy!
1 comment:
That kid is going to be walking in no time! And as for the black eyes and cut lips, don't worry, there will only be more! I hardly ever know where my kids many scrapes and bruises come from :)
Post a Comment