I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas like Kurt, Amy, and I did. At first I was having a hard time getting into the spirit of the season. We were gone for the first part of the month, and once we got back there was so much going on. I never felt like I had time to stop and just enjoy everything. Once we were able to get our tree up, a week before Christmas, I felt things start to calm down. It was nice to remember the true "reason for the season" and bring that spirit of Christmas into our home. One thing that helped was going to church and singing the Christmas hymns. I wish that we could sing them all year instead of just during the month of December.
I love Christmas and spending time with my family. This year was different because Amy is here with us now and there was a new meaning to Christmas morning. I was so excited for Amy to see her Santa present and all of the presents under the tree. Kurt and I decided that we were giving ourselves an updated basement this year, so we weren't supposed to buy anything for each other. I was surprised when I saw my name on a few gifts! I felt bad that I didn't do anything for Kurt. He was so thoughtful in his gifts and it just makes me realize what an awesome husband I have.
Amy loved all of her presents. Grandma and Granddad Ealey sent her a play desk that she can stand at. It has all kinds of fun things for her to play with. Grandma and Grandpa Oaks gave her toy that she can walk behind. I was surprised to see how good she was at it. I am hoping to post video of Amy during Christmas so everyone can see how much fun she had.
After we opened up our presents we headed over to Lonnie and Linda's for the day. We were spoiled with more gifts and lots of good food. I had so much fun watching all of the kids play with their new toys. Amy was into everything. She loved crawling on the floor and checking out what everyone got. Thanks to everyone who made Christmas so wonderful.
I missed spending time with my family in Colorado. I hope that I can go there sometime soon to see everyone and especially to meet my new nephew Ty. I miss you guys!
Santa present
Cabbage Patch (Lucille Merle)
Activity desk from Grandma and Granddad Ealey
Family Christmas picture
Amy being busy
3 comments:
I'm so glad you posted the Christmas morning pictures. Very fun!
What fun pictures. Merry Christmas!
Love the piggy on top of her head!
Post a Comment