So Embarrassed!
Amy had her 12 month check up on March 2nd and she was given vaccincations in both of her legs. In the last few days I have noticed that it has been getting red and feels like there is a knot in her leg where they gave her the shots. Since it has been 10 days since her visit, I was a little worried that she might have an infection in her leg. I called the doctors office today to make an appointment. This is the conversation that I had:
Receptionist:"Dr. Boyden's office. This is Lisa, how can I help you?"
Me:"I brought my daughter in on the 2nd for her check up and her shots. Now the injection site where the shots were given is red and it looks worse today than it did yesterday, and I'm not sure if I should bring her in or not."
Receptionist:"Where was the injection given?"
Me:"In her left leg, in the upper thigh."
Receptionist:"Um, this is the dentists' office!"
From that point on really isn't that important, but I was so embarrassed! I couldn't believe that I had called the dentist instead of Amy's doctor.
I did call the correct doctor today and he was able to see Amy right away. He said that it didn't look like an infection and to call him if it got worse. I was happy to hear that she was fine and glad that I decided to take her in, even if it wasn't anything too bad.
5 comments:
Hilarious!! Thanks for the laugh!
Oh that's funny! HAhahahahaa!!
oh man, my heart's pounding with embarrassment for you right now! you were so articulate in explaining it to the office gal, too. glad it's not anything bad though.
Okay, that is pretty darn funny. I guess when you are in mommy panic mode, any doctor will do. I am glad Amy is okay!
I love it when people can laugh at themselves! that's great! I'm sure that you aren't the first to do that.
Post a Comment