I can't call my baby, baby anymore! She is a toddler now and it is going to be hard getting used to. Amy turned 1 on February 26Th and she had a great day. We didn't do anything real exciting, but she did get to go out to dinner and to Toys R Us to pick out a birthday present!
Later that night, my parents flew in from Colorado to spend the weekend with us. Amy had a great time with her grandparents. She wasn't sure about them at first and stayed close by me, but it didn't take her long to warm up to them.
On Friday we were able to visit the Draper Temple for the open house that is going on there. It is such a beautiful Temple, both inside and out, and I can't wait to go back. Mandy took Friday off of work and was able to spend the day with us. Even though she lives nearby, we don't get to see each other that often because of both our busy schedules. Hopefully we can work on changing that!
Saturday was Amy's BIG day, the day she ate tons of birthday cake! We had her party at Rock Creek Pizza in Riverton. I love the salad bar and they have a great buffet if you ever want to check it out. Amy was spoiled by her aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. She got some pretty cool gifts and some really cute clothes. She enjoyed watching her cousins run and play and loved when they would come up and talk to her. I bought some balloons for Amy and she loved them. It was so fun to see her play with them.
The highlight of the day was definitely the cake! Amy had her very own cake to smash into and it didn't take her long to figure it out. She was coverd in chocolate cake by the time she was done, and so was everything around her! My sister-in-law April was brave enough to help me clean up the mess. Thanks April, I couldn't have done it with out you!
On Monday I took Amy to her 1 year check up, and she is doing great! She weighed in at 23 lbs 11 oz. and is 29 1/2 inches tall. She is in the 90th percentile for her weight and 75th for her height. She had to get her big toe poked and 3 shots in the leg, which she wasn't very happy about, but we managed to survive.
This last year has been so great and I can't believe how fast it has flown by. I was remembering all of the emotions and feelings I had when she was born and how blessed I felt to have my baby here. Amy has been a really good baby and there isn't much I can complain about. I am so lucky to have her as my child and I can't imagine life without her.
Amy got a swing from Mommy and Daddy
The set up
The cake
Amy loved her balloons
Getting ready to eat pizza
Not sure why everyone is singing to her
First taste of the frosting
This stuff is so good
Look at those teeth
Finally getting to the cake
Anyone need a hug?
I was going to post some video of Amy opening her presents, but the battery died on my camera so I will try to put it up later this weekend!
9 comments:
Oh my gosh! I love all these pictures, especially the messy ones :) I'm sad that we didn't get to see Amy in person on her big day. We love you and miss you little Amy!!!!
Happy Birthday cute Amy girl. Her birthday party was so much fun. Thanks for having us. Nothing was cuter than seeing her get so excited about her presents. We sure love this girl!
One Year ALREADY?!? Oh my goodness! She's fun! Love the cake pix! What a doll!!!! Their Birthdays are bitter sweet aren't they?
Happy Birthday, Amy!! Ah, covered in cake. Those are fun baths, aren't they?
i love that she kept going with the cake til it was all demolished. my babe is turning on on the 26th, too, just this month instead of feb. i'm going to follow you and get her some of her very own helium balloons.
that pizza place sounds awesome--too bad i'm three days away!
I love being with Amy!
SO CUTE Stacy! What a fun 1st birthday. Congrats to you too because I would say the mom definitely deserves some praise for making it through the first year too!
I can't believe she is one already! She's adorable. I love all of the pictures! take care.
Is it weird that Amy eating her cake made me want some too? :) She is getting so big. Oh how the time flies!
Post a Comment