This past weekend we traveled to Vernal, Utah for the Pope Family Reunion. Amy Pope Johnstun is Kurt's grandma and Linda's mother, and she is also who our Amy Marie is named after. All of Linda's brothers and sisters were in attendance for at least one day, and most of the grand kids and great grand kids were there also. Kurt's grandpa, Lynn, passed away in 1970 and didn't get to meet all of the wonderful family members who were in attendance, at least not here on earth that is. I'm sure he knows everyone of his family members and loves them very much.
It was fun to meet new people and reconnect with others. I really felt like I didn't get to talk to anyone very much because Amy was constantly on the go and I was constantly running after her. She loved to play on the slides and climb the stairs of the playground, and she also loved to play with the kites and balls that were there. Kurt and I took her to a splash park on Saturday and she really didn't want anything to do with the water. I tried to take her near the water, but once she got splashed she was ready to play as far from the water as she could. She loved swimming at the hotel though, and didn't care one bit that the water was cold. We were able to go on a horse and buggy ride and Amy thought that was pretty fun. She even got to hold the reins and drive for a bit!
We were able to attend church with Grandma Pope on Sunday and then enjoy a yummy lunch at her house afterwords. It was fun to watch Amy run around and smell all of the pretty flowers. She was so worn out by the time we finally got in the truck to leave and it wasn't long before she was asleep once we got on the road.
Here are a few pictures from the reunion.
Kurt and Amy in the hotel room
Some of the great grands on the buggy ride
Mark and Gary Foley
Lonnie, Lucy, and Kent
2 comments:
I love the four generations picture. That one should be framed. Thanks for posting these pictures. I enjoy seeing them.
Thanks for posting! You're all beating me to the punch! I didn't get to talk to you much, but I'm glad we got to meet and I'm grateful for blogs. Seeing you in person, I thought right away how beautiful you are--you remind me of an actress, but I can't put my finger on who it is. Jessica Biel? Scarlett Johansson?
Post a Comment