8/13/2009

Camping 2009

This past weekend we loaded up our tent trailer and headed for the mountains. It was the first time we were able to go camping this year, and we had a lot of fun. Mandy and Anthony were able to go with us also, and I think they had fun too.



This was our camp site. We had a lot of open space for Maggie and C.J. to play in, and they loved it! Minutes after we let the dogs out of the truck, Maggie went hunting and found some sort of animal (small mouse looking thing) to chew on. She found two more after that while we were there! C.J. found a couple of old tennis balls and loved running after them. I think Anthony went home with a sore arm from throwing the ball to C.J. so much!









Amy found some really fun rocks to climb on at camp. Unfortunately, she went off of the other side and landed right on the side of her face. Poor girl!









We had lots of fun just hanging out around our camp. Amy loved to play in the dirt, explore, and eat cheese!













We went on a short hike to a beautiful waterfall. Of course Amy loved playing in the water. She would put her hands in it and then say "BRRR". She was so cute!















Then we went on a longer hike on a trail that was across the road from our camp. The scenery was amazing! We live in such a beautiful country and I hope that we can take more time to get out and enjoy it. Amy is a good little hiker, but she was very sleepy on the way back and couldn't keep her eyes open!

6 comments:

Erika said...

Fun camping trip! Wow, look at you all fancy in your camper trailer. I'm sure Amy loves it! I had a lot to catch up on with your blog. Looks like you've been keeping busy. Sorry we weren't able to connect when we were in Utah. Sorry, sorry, sorry! Next time you're gonna be the first person I call to set something up with. I felt like we needed to do a lot of stuff with the grandparents, since we hadn't seen them in a couple years. Sorry again. I stink.

Jagged Rocks said...

It's too bad we couldn't come with you guys, it looks like you had a lot fun.

Smith Family said...

How fun! Amy is so cute! I miss her so much and you guys to!

Sarah said...

I love love love the picture of her falling asleep while you hike. I wish my kids would do that. Looks like a beautiful place and a fun trip!

Jillo said...

I didn't know you guys had a tent trailor. How fun! I am glad you had a great time. It looks like a lot of fun.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I want to go with you sometime! Amy looks like she had such a great time. Megan and Luke would have a blast with her.