How can it be? How did two years pass by so fast? And how can it feel like Amy has been a part of our family for longer than that? Somehow it did happen and now I can't imagine life any other way.
I wanted to make Amy's birthday special for her since a new baby was on the way and she wouldn't have all of the attention to herself for much longer. I took the day off of work and had big plans for a neighbor and her daughter to spend the day with us doing something fun, but Amy woke up with a cough and was breathing really hard so Amy and I spent the day at the doctor's office instead. We didn't get many answers from the doctor and $100 later (co-pay and breathing treatment) we were on our way back home.
Even though Amy wasn't feeling her best I decided that she still needed to have some fun on her birthday so we invited family over for cake and ice cream. She had fun playing with her cousins, eating cake, and opening presents. Although it wasn't the day I had imagined it to be, it still turned out to be pretty good and I felt like Amy had a good time.
Here are some of the things that I love about my two year old:
She loves to read books
She does great in nursery
She helps me with the laundry
She has wild hair
Her laugh is contagious and so is her smile
She is so smart, sometimes too smart
She holds my hand when we walk
She gives me big hugs and kisses
She needs me to kiss her ouchies
She is putting words together to make sentences
She is getting to be very independent
Here are her two year old stats:
Weight: 30.2 lbs
Height: 35.5 inches
There is so much more that I love about her and it is impossible to list it all. I hope that she knows just how special she is to our family and how much she is loved.
Now that's what I would call a successful birthday!
1 comment:
The last picture is the best. We love that Amy too.
Funny story, Luke and Megan came over today and Lucy ran right up to Luke yelling "tackle me, tackle me!!" We give Amy the credit for that. =)
Post a Comment