3/15/2010

Introducing...Hailey Renee Oaks


After cleaning up from Amy's birthday, Friday February 26th, I was feeling pretty exhausted from such a long day. Amy and I went to lay down on my bed and watch the Olympics. Amy was out like a light right away and I dozed on and off for about an hour. I was relieved that the day was almost over and there was no chance that I would have the baby on Amy's birthday. My actual due date was March 5th but because I went five days over with Amy the doctor scheduled me to be induced on March 3rd, and I really thought that was the day Hailey would be born.

Around 11:00 p.m. I woke up from a contraction, nothing too painful, but it was uncomfortable and I wasn't able to sleep after that. I waited for an hour and a few more contractions before I decided to go downstairs to tell Kurt that we needed to pack some bags and get ready to go. By this time the contractions were getting closer together and more and more painful. I decided to take a warm bath and then lay down to see if I could get any rest, but that wasn't going to happen so around 4:00 a.m. I got up and tried to walk around. By 5:00 a.m. the pain was more than I could take and the contractions were 5 to 7 minutes apart so I woke Kurt up and told him it was time to head to the hospital.

Kurt was so great at getting everything together and in the car. We took Amy to her Grandma and Grandpa Oaks' house and she was so concerned about me while we were on the way there. My contractions were much more intense this time than they were with Amy and I was not quiet about it. Amy kept on asking me if I was okay and I tried to let her know that I was in between all of my yelling.

By 6:00 a.m. we were at the hospital. I was dilated 4 cm when the nurse checked me and the contractions were 2 to 3 minutes apart. I couldn't wait any longer for the epidural and it felt like an eternity before I was able to get it. Once the medicine kicked in I was much happier and then able to relax a little.

Things went really fast after that. Around 10:00 a.m. the doctor came in to break my water and I was already 8 cm dilated. It didn't take long for me to get to 10 cm and then once the doctor was back in the room I started pushing. 2 contractions and 5 pushes later we had a baby! I couldn't believe how fast it went since I pushed for 4 long hours with Amy!

Hailey Renee Oaks was born on February 27th at 11:54 a.m., was 20 inches long and weighed in at 7 lbs 8 oz. She is so cute and we love her so much. Amy loves her sister most of the time and was pretty excited to meet her, but she also feels the need to smack Hailey on the head every once in awhile. I hope we can survive!




























11 comments:

Jillo said...

We sure love that cute girl and are super glad she is here. Your pics are done and stinking cute!

emily said...

Congratulations!! I've been waiting for all of the details. :) She is beautiful!

Now there's one more trick to get yourself to go into labor early: throw a major birthday for a two year old--I'll have to remember that one next time, I'm always overdue!

Emily said...

I love all her hair! What a sweety. I have that outfit that she's wearing (the pink hoodie). I got it at my shower! So cute. Congratulations to you and your whole family! How are you feeling? I love that picture of you with the oxygen. I always forget that they put oxygen on me. When I saw the picture I was like "Oh! What happened that she needed oxygen?" and then I remembered that they always do that.

Oh. And I canNOT believe you pushed for 4 hours with Amy. I would die. I can push a maximum of ten minutes and then I'm done.

Jennefer said...

Congratulations! She is darling!! Love the name. It is always good to hear swift success stories when I know my time is approaching once again....

Erika said...

Congrats! Happy everything went so well. I don't know what I'd do if I went into labor by myself...I prefer having everything scheduled and knowing exactly when I'm suppossed to be at the hospital and when the pain is really going to start. I'm sure Amy is going to be a great big sister.

Doug said...

She is super duper cute! Glad it all went well for you. I love the name and all her dark hair too :)

JaNean said...

Congrats Stacy! She is gorgeous. So much fun to have kids. I'm glad things went well for you :)

Kristie said...

I hear about those easy 5 push deliveries, never had one, glad you got to experience it...
Your parents should really stop holding out on that fountain of youth!

You and Amanda look great, what amazing moms all are! ANd of course - beautiful babies!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

She is such a cutie. I'm so excited for you!

Boquinha said...

Congratulations, Stacy! Jill had told me the good news and I've been excited to see pictures! She is a beauty!

J Fo said...

Congrats! She is adorable! You guys make such a cute little family. Amy is going to be a great big sister!