8/29/2011

Another broken arm and 4th of July, 2011

On Saturday, July 02, Hailey and Amy were playing in the guest bedroom while I was making dinner. Amy was helping Hailey jump on the bed, locked the door so I couldn't get in, and the next thing I knew Hailey was crying. By the way she was crying I could tell that she was really hurt. I asked Amy what happened and all I could get out of her was that Hailey fell off the bed. She kept on grabbing her arm and had a hard time going up the stairs, so I knew that something was wrong.

We decided that it was best to take her to an Instacare since it was a holiday weekend and we didn't want to wait for days. The whole experience was very traumatic for Hailey and she cried when they tried to weigh her, take her temp, and the worst were the x-rays because I couldn't be in with her since I am pregnant. It was a long night to say the least!


The x-ray showed a buckle fracture, just like the one her sister had a few months earlier! They put her arm in a splint and sling (but she wouldn't keep the sling on) and told us that she would need a cast on for 3 weeks. It didn't take Hailey long to get used to having her arm in a cast and she was climbing and running around before long. She had to start sucking her thumb on her other hand though and even after the cast has come off, she hasn't switched back!





4th of July


Here is a run down of our 4th:

8:00 am- pancake breakfast with our old River 2nd Ward friends

9:30 am- walk to Redwood Road and fight the crowds to find a spot to watch the West Jordan Parade

11:30 am- make our way back home for naps and lunch

4:00 pm- head out to the West Jordan park for the carnival and Western Stampede Rodeo

7:30 pm- watch some bull riding at the rodeo

9:30 pm- head back to our car and watch the West Jordan fireworks and then head home

10:30- collapse in bed


We had a fun day and even though we were dead tired by the end, I wouldn't change any of it!












Hailey was so tired after the parade and fell asleep on our walk back to the car.





Amy had a great time on the rides, even though it was soooo hot out!









The flag was gigantic and it took a ton of people to carry it!




1 comment:

Emily said...

Poor thing! We haven't had any broken bones yet, thank goodness.