I had an appointment for my 20 week ultrasound and to find out the sex of the baby the first week of July. Kurt was pretty convinced that we were going to be having another girl, and to be honest, I was thinking the same way but I wasn't totally convinced.
Of course they wait until the very end to let you know the sex, but it was amazing to see our little baby on the monitor. Everything looks absolutely perfect and the baby is right on schedule!
So now to the fun part....
We are so excited for this new adventure in our lives! We were both pretty shocked to find out that a little brother will be coming soon, and I think Kurt was happy to know that he won't be so out numbered any more!
Telling everyone was just as fun as finding out what we were having. I wanted to surprise our families by doing something different than we had done in the past. I called up a few bakeries and had them make special orders for me. A few family members went to Sweet Tooth Fairy and picked up some cupcakes that looked like this.....
And then there was a cake that looked like this...
And when they cut into it, it was full of blueberries!
I also had my Aunt Sue make some cupcakes for my mom and dad. She frosted 3 cupcakes pink and 3 blue, and on the inside was white cake except for one which had blue in it. I didn't get any pictures of their cupcakes or one of my other sisters, but I was able to Skype with them while they found out. It was so much fun to see and hear every one's reactions!
I have no idea what to do with little boys, but I am excited for a son and for my little girls to have a brother. This will definitely be a whole new experience for us!




2 comments:
CONGRATS!!! How exciting!!! And what a cute idea!! May have to steal that if I need it....not anytime soon however. :) Congrats again!!!
That is so fun! What a creative idea. Plus Sweet Tooth Fairy...yum!
My advice for a boy: be very fast at diaper changes, or keep a washcloth handy to cover up the goods while you wipe. I have had pee on the ceiling, walls, carpet, and IN MY EYE more than once.
Post a Comment