Another year has come and gone and I find myself wondering how this could have happened!
I really enjoyed my birthday this year, even though Kurt and I both had to work. I was spoiled by my family and felt so loved. Kurt and the girls gave me some candy, an ice cream cake, a gift certificate for a massage, and a gift certificate for me and Amy to go get pedicures together!
From other family members I got a gift certificate for shoes (which I needed very much), money $$$, time with a sister for a pedicure, and a box of chocolate covered strawberries delivered right to my front door! There were also many friends and family who wished me well and gave me some other much needed gifts.
As for the day, it was filled with work, chatting with a friend while she picked raspberries from our backyard, phone calls, and a night out with some friends from our old neighborhood.
Usually we would go out to dinner for a birthday, but our Bishop and his wife from our old ward had a get together for the former Bishopric that Kurt served in. I decided that I wanted to visit the old neighborhood instead of going out for dinner, and I'm so glad that we went! It was so fun to talk and catch up with friends and eat good food.
So, although I am another year older, I didn't seem to mind it this year. I have a great husband and two adorable daughters and a little boy on the way. Life is good!

No comments:
Post a Comment