Amy and Hailey loved to play with Chloe and Emily, and baby Finn was so good the whole time! I wish that I would have taken more pictures of everything, but we were having so much fun that I forgot to take my camera out sometimes!
After church on Sunday we decided to go to Wheeler Farm to look at all of the animals. It was such a HOT day though so we didn't stay for very long.
On Monday, July 24th, the boys went fishing and the girls headed down town to the 24th of July Parade. One of the young women from my old ward was camping out on the parade route with her family the night before the parade, so I asked her to save us some spots and she did! It was so great that we didn't have to wake up extra early to find a spot to sit, and then wait hours and hours for the parade to start. We found a free parking space, had a short walk to our area, and about 15 minutes later the parade started.
I've always watched the parade on t.v. and it was so much better to be there in person! The sky was overcast so we didn't have to sit in the blazing hot sun, and the kids did great. The best part was seeing President Thomas S. Monson so close. He even made a comment about Chloe's red hair! The rest of the day is pretty much a blur. We came home, took naps, went to the Aquarium and then out to dinner, I think.
Tuesday we drove out to the Great Salt Lake. We went to Salt Air and it was pretty disappointing. When we went as kids, there was so much to do. They had a swim beach, paddle boats, a great gift shop, and museum. Now there is a pretty lame gift shop and that's about it. We walked down to the water and there were dead bird carcases all over and about 3 or more feet of solid flies right at the waters edge so we couldn't even put our feet in the water. It was pretty gross.
Next we headed to the Gateway Mall for lunch and to walk around for a bit. We went up to Temple Square, walked around, and then headed home for a break. That night, Shauna and I went out for a girls night. We went and got pedicures and dinner. It was fun to spend time with my big sister!
Wednesday I had to work and take Hailey in to get her cast cut off while Shauna and the rest of the kids hung out at the house. I'm not sure what we did that evening.
Thursday the Bjorks had to pack up and leave. We had so much fun spending time with them and also with Mandy, Anthony, and Mason.
Wheeler Farm visit
No comments:
Post a Comment