8/31/2011

Half Birthdays and First Day of Nursery-August 26-27, 2011

I have a 3 1/2 and a 1 1/2 year old and a baby on the way!!!  Oh my gosh, what am I going to do with 3 kids ages 3 and under??  I know that there are the most amazing women out there who have been there, done that, but I don't know if I am one of those women.  I want to believe that I am, but at the same time I feel so nervous about it. 

Well my girls are growing up and they drive me crazy most days, but I love them so much and have loved being their mom.  They make me smile and laugh at some of the things they do and they can be silly and sweet all at the same time.  Here are some of the things they are doing these days, besides breaking their arms!

Amy:  
-Can get dressed all by herself (changes outfits at least 3 times a day)
-Can count up to ten and higher
-Loves to play with Hailey and teach her things
-Will talk your ear off on the phone
-Has had two broken arms this year (same arm each time)
-Loves to ride her bike and stop and smell EVERY flower and pick up EVERY stick and pinecone
-Is very smart
-Remembers everything (like the hill we stopped on when daddy was sick after his eye surgery)
-Likes to read books
-Sometimes sleeps in her own bed
-Potty trained
-A daddy's girl
-Very independant
-Still loves her gigantic blankie
-Still a thumb sucker
-Hates to get her hair brushed
-Likes to help me cook
-Needs an afternoon nap (love this one!!)
-Daddy's fishing buddy

Hailey:
Check up stats-Weight 22lbs 8 oz (25th percentile)
Height 30.5 in (25th percentile)
Head 47.8 cm (75th percentile)
-A pro going up and down the stairs
-Says almost anything
-A mommy's girl
-Sleeps all night long
-Loves her sister
-Has had one broken arm
-Still sucks her thumb
-Has a head full of hair
-Plays with baby dolls
-Kisses mommy's baby
-Climber
-Does everything sister does
-Likes to sing
-Takes a two hour afternoon nap
-Smart

So now that Hailey has hit the 18 month mark she is able to go to nursery!!  She got a new nursery dress just like Amy did when she started going.  She has gone a couple of times before since both Kurt and I have Sunday callings, but her first offical day was on the 28th.  She would not let go of me for a second and cried when I tried to put her down.  Finally I just gave her to the nursery leader and had to listen to her scream as I went out the door.  I think it helps that Amy is in there with her, but not much.  She didn't cry for long though and when I went to check on her she was doing great and the nursery leader even told me she was getting talkative toward the end.  I think the drop off will get better, but who knows what will happen when baby brother arrives.  I remember Amy had a hard time going to nursery after Hailey was born.

Here are my beautiful girls on their half birthdays! 







2 comments:

Emily said...

I love Hailey's new dress! Zoe's first day in nursery is this week and I'm doing sharing time, so I guess they get the crying baby this week. so sad!

Anonymous said...

I love and miss these girls!