1/04/2012

Colorado Trip-September 16-19, 2011

With the baby due in November, I wasn't sure when we would be able to make it out to Colorado to see my family, so we decided to take a weekend trip out to see everyone. 

We hopped on a plane Friday evening and made the short flight to Denver.  The girls did pretty good on the flight, but we were all so tired after landing and then having to pick up a rental car so we stopped at a hotel for the night.  The next morning we headed to Castle Rock to see my sister Melanie's new house they just moved into. 

After looking around and visiting for a little bit, we headed to Rye to meet up with my mom and dad.  My parent's just had a garage built on the side of their house, along with a new awning to cover the patio.  Since it had just been finished, they decided to invite all of my extended family over for a picnic.  We ended up eating inside of the garage because a storm moved in and it was cold and windy outside.  Although I didn't get any pictures at my parent's house, we had a great time visiting with all of my family. 

Sunday morning we were able to go to church in my old ward.  It was nice to see so many people that I grew up with and introduce them to my girls.  After church we decided to head up to Ft. Collins to check out my sister Shauna's new house and stay the night with them. 

Our flight was in the evening on Monday, so we were able to drive to the Denver Zoo with Shauna and her kids before we came back to Utah.  That was the only place I took pictures the whole weekend, and I didn't even take very many at all!!  The girls had a fun time seeing all of the animals and walking around with their cousins. 

It was nice to spend time with my family in Colorado.  I really wish that we could get out there more often to see everyone though.





No comments: