1/04/2012

Corn Belly's and a Witches Tea-October 22, 2011

October was a fun month!  My sister Missy and her 3 kids, Olivia, Carley, and Ty, came out to Utah, from Colorado, to stay with us for a week.  I really didn't get many pictures while they were here, but we did a lot of fun things. 

We were able to go to Corn Belly's with her and also with Mandy, Anthony, and Mason.  Corn Belly's has so much to do and see.  There are bounce houses, haunted houses, a corn maze, hay ride, cow train, slides, swings, jumping pillows, and so much more.  There were a ton of people and it was kind of cold, but the kids all had a lot of fun.  Kurt and I also had fun watching them play and run around.



Missy and I also took the kids down to Provo to go on a Halloween Cruise along the Provo River.  It was kind of cheesy, but I think the kids all had a good time.  At one point there was a pirate that visited us and passed out some candy.  Ty loved it, but Amy wasn't so sure about it!

Missy helped me out a ton while she was here.  Since I was working during the day, she helped me out with Amy and Hailey.  She bought food and made us dinner all week long and also made enough to put in the freezer to have when the baby is born!  How cool is that!? 

On the Saturday before Missy had to leave we had a Witches Tea at my house.  My friend, Melissa Stevens, from my old ward has invited me to a couple of teas in the past.  I had so much fun at them, that I wanted to try to host one myself.  I knew I couldn't do it alone, being 8 months plus pregnant, so I asked my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law to help me out and they all did a great job! 

Everyone invited their own guests, mainly family members, and were each assigned certain food items to bring.  April did all of the fun center piece decorations that included all sorts of potions and "witchy" stuff.  I had a lot of fun visiting with everyone and seeing all of the cute witches come to my house!  I couldn't have done it if Kurt hadn't been so willing to take not only our girls, but Missy's kids as well, for the afternoon.



Cute witches hats

Fun decorations that April made


Jello Brain-Yummy

Mandy and Missy


The set-up

Lauryn

Sisters: Lauri, Jillyn, Kristy, Sarah


Kim with her Mom and Aunt
 
Deena, Karla, Laura, Geri, Lauryn: Love these girls!

Friends: Amiee and Missy

Collen and Linda

In-Laws: Megan, April, Jillyn, Linda, Kim, Me


With my good friend Nicole

Sister witches: Amanda, Missy, and Me

My cute, but very heavy, witches hat that Missy made for me! It wouldn't stand up straight at all!


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awesome party! So fun to see the Oaks crew :)