3/30/2012

Birthday Girls-February 25-27, 2012

Whew!  What a busy weekend full of birthday all around!  I have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time now and when it finally came, I was not as prepared as I had hoped I would be!  Thank goodness for family to come to the rescue for me!

We celebrated both girls birthdays on Saturday the 25th with a friend birthday party.  I was happy that most everyone the girls invited came to the party.  There were a ton of kids and lots of noise, but I think everyone had a good time.  I barely got the cupcakes decorated as the guests began to arrive and thanks to Kurt, the house was clean, decorated, and full of balloons.  Deena saved the day when she came early and helped me with a ton of last minute details.

I found cute shirts and skirts for the girls to wear and also matching birthday girl pins.  Of course most things were pink!  At the party, the kids played outside, made a craft, played pin the tale on the donkey, ate cake and ice cream, and opened gifts.  The girls really were spoiled by their friends and I mostly have no idea who gave them what.  It was pretty crazy when it came time to open gifts and they were both opening them at the same time!  After all of that, parents arrived to pick up their kids and the girls gave out a treat bag.       



























Sunday was Amy's actual birthday.  I made her some pancakes for breakfast and put some candles in them and we sang "Happy Birthday" to her.  Amy was so excited to go to Primary and have everyone sing to her and get her very own picture of the Temple.     


After naps, we headed over to Lonnie and Linda's for Sunday dinner.  The girls were able to open presents from Grandpa and Grandma, and cousins.  We sang "Happy Birthday" to them again and had some birthday cake and ice cream.







          



Since Monday was Hailey's actual birthday we decided to head to Chick-Fi-La for dinner.  The actual day wasn't too exciting since both Kurt and I had to work all day, but we did have fun playing that night. 

After a sugar filled weekend the girls were pretty worn out.  Amy is excited that she now can hold up 4 fingers when someone asks her how old she is and Hailey is full swing into the terrible 2's! 

I love my girls so much and couldn't imagine life without them!  Next time I plan to do an update on how much they have grown and what things they are doing now. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

You are such a fun mom! What a FUN shared birthday. They are so cute in their matching outfits!

Sara said...

Remind me to hire you as a party planner when I have to start planning birthdays! That party looked liked so much fun!