My in-laws are some of the hardest working people I know! They are always so gracious with their time and are always doing things for other people. So, when I found out that they were both going to retire from their jobs at the beginning of the summer, I thought it would be a nice gesture to have a retirement party for them. I wasn't alone in the planning though. My sisters-in-law (is that correct, or is it sister-in-laws?) helped with the planning and getting everything organized. We decided not to tell Lonnie and Linda about it until the invites were printed up so that they couldn't say "no" to the idea, and it worked! Kurt's cousin Laura, had a friend make a really cute cake for the party and we had some really good BBQ and sides. April made some custome water bottle labels and did a ton with decorations. There were a lot of people that came to honor Lonnie and Linda and I think everyone had a really good time. I am happy for them and excited to hear about all of the adventures they are sure to go on! Congrats Lonnie and Linda!
1 comment:
That is SO thoughtful of you guys! I hadn't heard that Linda and Lonnie retired. I'm excited for them!
Post a Comment