5/07/2008

Blessing Day


Sunday was a special day for Amy. She was blessed in sacrament meeting by her Dad. Kurt did a great job with the blessing. Amy was surrounded by her Dad, Grandad Ealey, Grandpa Oaks, Great Grandpa, Uncle Keith, Uncle Kent, Uncle Kraig, and Bishop Mc Cleary. What wonderful examples she has in her life. Many family members were there with us, including those who stood in the circle, Aunt April, Aunt Jillyn, Aunt Kim, Aunt Deena, Grandma Oaks, Kaden, Tanner, Weston, Lucy, Luke, Megan, Great Grandma Amy (who Amy is named after), Grandma Do Do, Aunt Mandy and Uncle Anthony. My other sisters and their families were not able to make it to Utah from Colorado, but we know that they were thinking of us and wished they could have come. ( I miss you guys!!)


Amy wore a very special dress for her blessing. It was made out of the train from my wedding dress. My sister-in-law Jillyn made all of this possible! She introduced me to her friend Alison who loves to sew and does a very good job at it. Alison took my train and turned it into a beautiful blessing dress. I am so happy with the way things turned out!





Amy was so pretty in her dress (click on the picture to see it better)

After the blessing everyone went to the park for lunch. It was fun to visit with family and spend time together. We had a great day.















Saturday



On Saturday we were able to attend Kaden's baptism. It was so neat to see him all dressed in white and to see the excitement on his face. I just can't believe how grown up he is. I am proud of him for deciding to get baptised and become a member of the church. All of the kids look up to Kaden because he is the oldest, and he has set a great example for them.



My Baby



Amy is smiling so much these days and I actually got a picture of it! She is also into trying to suck on her hands. I can't believe how much she has grown in 10 weeks. I love her so much and she makes me so happy to be a mom!

6 comments:

Eric and Melissa Bringhurst said...

Oh I miss her so much! That smiling picture is priceless!

Anonymous said...

All those pictures are so cute. I can't believe how much she has changed just since we saw her last. That picture of you, Dad and Amy totally has to be Dad's father's day gift. It's so sweet!

Jillo said...

She looks so beautiful! I love the way that dress turned out and the fact that it was your train is so speacial. It was a wonderful day on Sunday. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, does she have on THE blessing bonnet that Chloe wore??

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!!

Anonymous said...

Darn it. I keep forgetting to sign my name. If the comment is anonymous it's probably me :)

April