
Yesterday Amy went in for her 2 month check up. I told my mother-in-law on Monday that I thought Amy would be in the 99th percentile for her weight (just joking of course) and to my surprise she is in the 97th percentile! (Is that how you say it, percentile??) She weighed in at 14.5 lbs and the nurse said that she weighs as much as a 4 month old! She is 24 1/2 inches long, (96th percentile for her age), and her head measured 40 (I am not sure what they unit they measure the head in, but it is the 67th percentile for her age). So, Amy is tall and fat, with a small head!! I love her chubby little legs, arms, and chin.
After the doctor checked her out, the nurse came in for the shots. Amy had to get 5 shots, 2 in one leg and 3 in the other. She cried so much and looked at me like "what are you doing to me mom!". I felt so bad for her and tried to explain that it wasn't me poking her and that she needs the shots so that she won't get sick. I'm not sure how much of that she understood! Today she is feeling much better and now we get to look forward to another round of shots in 2 months! Poor baby girl!
5 comments:
Shot day is the worst day in all of motherhood. =( I hate doing it. Wait until the poor thing is two and you have to hold her down to poke their little legs. The nurses have no sympathy. But that is years away, right? And it is all for the greater good. I miss those cute little chubby cheeks on that baby. We missed you on Sunday. I hope we can see you soon.
Oh my goodness, healthy baby you have there! The first 2 times Ella had to get shots and I had to hold her down I cried and cried. I'm sure it was due partly to hormones, but part of it was looking into her face and seeing that look that Amy gave you. I felt so bad...now, she knows what's coming when we go to the doctors and she starts crying the moment they try weighing her!
Ouch! I think shots get harder when they are older and kick the nurse or try to run away, and then a whole team of people come in and hold them down. very Sad and a little funny all at the same time.
Poor girl... poor mommy. I did NOT want to take my kids to get their shots. I was so nervous. Keith took them at first but then I had to start going... yuck!
I love that you posted the pictures of your dress and Amy's dress together. That is really cool.
I have pictures from the blessing I tried to e-mail you but the ealey e-mail I have was sending them back. Do you have another e-mail address?
The only thing worse would be to have to poke two babies minutes apart. Jake would go with me, but he would make me hold them while they were getting shots, then they would go to him for comfort. I guess it made me the mean one.
I love the blessing dress idea. Very unique! She is adorable!!!
Post a Comment