9/22/2008

Help! I need your ideas....

Halloween is coming up fast and I don't know what I should dress Amy up as, or if I should dress her up at all since she is still so little. I've seen people take their kids out trick-or-treating when they couldn't even walk or talk, but I don't know if that is for me. Amy can't eat candy, and I know that I would be the one to eat all of the candy she did get if we took her out, and I DON'T need to eat a whole bag of trick-or-treat candy! Costumes can be expensive and I'm not creative enough to come up with something on my own like my sister did for her girls, so can someone please help me! What do you think about dressing up an 8 month old, and what ideas do you have if you think I SHOULD dress her up?

9 comments:

Valeri said...

I think you should dress her up. I have dressed up my kids for Halloween every year, though I didn't take them trick-or-treating until I knew they were older. I would dress them up and then we would go visit family (Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc).
I have bought simple costumes from Wal-mart, and borrowed costumes from family. David has been Tigger a couple of times and Ashlie has been a flower and a little devil. Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Stacy, I am highly offended that you would even think of not dressing my niece up for one of her auntie's favorite holidays!!! ;) Oh, and I have this super cute caterpillar costume that emily wore her 1st halloween and it would probably work on your kiddo. And dude, the church halloween party and visiting the grandparents is reason enough!

Anonymous said...

PS. You could even get just a pair of wings to wear and Kurt could carry a butterfly net :)

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Ha ha ha. I love the wings and butterfly net idea.

I agree, going to grandmas house and cousins houses is reason enought to get dressed up. I have a baby NASA jump suit that I got at NASA. It's really cute. If it fits you can borrow it. She would be cute in it with a big bow in her hair or something like that to show off her feminine side :)

Melissa and Mike said...

Halloween is almost seriously my FAVORITE holiday! I love dressing up and now I've got kiddos to dress up too, so fun! It's true you get lots of candy (even when it's just the "trunk or treat")...but I'm sure there are kids that will help you out with that. =0)
I made Makenna a strawberry her first year, yup my only "made" costume, but it was pretty easy. You are welcome to borrow it, cuz Amy's the same age Kenna was her first Halloween, you gotta dress her up though. Everyone LOVES to see the little ones!

Jillo said...

Definately dress her up! It is so much fun. The little guys are the cutest part of Halloween. Lucy is going to be a bumble bee, I just haven't figured it all out yet. Tanner was the NASA guy that April has when he was little and it was way cute! April also gave me a very cute ballerina baby costume that is too small for Lucy. It might fit Amy and it is pretty funny.

Smith Family said...

I agree dress her up! There are so many things she could be. Amy would be cute as anything! A pumpking is easy to make, have her be a bug of somekind or liook online there are lots of ideas out there.

Leah said...

I give my two cents and say DRESS HER UP for sure. There are used costumes at Savers Thrift Store you could check out. Also, Old Navy has some cute costumes for little ones. And we do the trunk or treat and family visits thing too. That ends up being enough activity to make dressing up worth it. Plus the pics are too much fun to miss out on. If you have the will power, you could always throw the candy out that she gets...but that almost sounds blasphemous doesn't it? :)

Mollie said...

I know I'm a little late responding to this, but I think you should dress her up, too! I'm not creative with the costumes...buy 'em every year. If you want to borrow an adorable chicken costume, let me know. I can send you a picture of it, if you want to see it:o)