9/15/2008

My baby got poked 4 times today...

at her 6 month check up. She is actually 6 1/2 months old, but for some reason her doctor appointments have always been at the 1/2 month mark. I think this appointment was the best one yet, as far as shots go that is. Amy only cried for a minute or two and forgot about the whole thing by the time I got her dressed again. Her doctor said that she is doing really good and that she is a healthy baby. He said the next little while will be fun to watch her grow and learn new things. By the next appointment she should be saying things like "ba ba ba, da da da, and ma ma ma". She should also be using her thumb and finger to pick things up, and be pulling herself up and walking around furniture! I don't know if I am ready for all of this! She is still my little baby and I am kind of sad that she is growing out of that stage so fast. Well anyway here are her impressive stats (impressive to me anyway): weight-18.8 lbs (85th percentile), height-27.5 in (93rd percentile), head size- 17 in (64th percentile).

Here are her 6 month pictures that I took a couple of weeks ago.

Look at my baby, she is sitting up so good now!

Love this face!

Still a thumb sucker.

Just waking up.

8 comments:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

What a cutie!! I'm glad her shots weren't too terrible.

Jillo said...

She looks so much like her daddy in that top picture. She is getting so big! She weighs about the same as Lucy. And I am still jealous of her cuteness with the thumbsucking. I love that.

J Fo said...

Those stats ARE impressive! HOw cute is she with her thumb sleeping?!

Boquinha said...

Look at those cheeks!! So cute!

Leah said...

They grow TOO TOO TOO fast, don't they? She is so adorable, all chubby and yummy.

Melissa and Mike said...

It's always nice when they get through the shots well, for some reason YOU feel like such an awful person..."mommy, why did you let them poke me?" I'm always glad when she hardly notices, I cheer for her, but sometimes I cheer for me, we were both tough, one for getting, one for watching =0)
Amy's such a cutie, they grow too fast, that's for sure!!

Mollie said...

I think we (moms) cry more than the kids do when they get shots. I can't believe she's already six and a half months old...time does fly, doesn't it?

Mollie said...

I think we (moms) cry more than the kids do when they get shots. I can't believe she's already six and a half months old...time does fly, doesn't it?