Hailey's blessing day was a very special day. She was blessed by her daddy and wore the same dress that Amy wore when she was blessed, which was made out of my wedding dress train. I was so excited to have my parents fly in from Colorado to spend the weekend with us. Mandy and Anthony blessed Mason on the same day, so it was an extra special day for the both of us. Hailey was surrounded by some of the most wonderful men in her life. She had her daddy, Grandad Ealey, Grandpa Oaks, uncles Keith, Kent, Kraig, and Anthony, and my cousin Mickey all hold her during her blessing. She didn't cry at all and I think even slept during the whole thing. After sacrament meeting everyone headed over to our house for a brunch. It was kind of cold and windy that day but the kids still had a blast playing outside on the new play set that Kurt built in our backyard. Mandy's in-laws were there also and it was fun to have them celebrate the day with us. We headed over to Mandy's ward for Mason's blessing after we ate and barely made it in time for the blessing! My sisters Shauna, Missy, and Melanie and their families weren't able to make the trip out for the blessing and we really missed having them there. It is hard living so far from them but I am glad that we can keep each other up to date by blogging, face book, and phones.
2 comments:
She looks so pretty in that dress! Did you make it? I love it. And I have to say again how much I love her hair!
I really wish that I was talented enough to make such a beautiful dress, but I am not, so one of Jillyn's friends made it for me when I had Amy.
Post a Comment