11/04/2010

October 29th, 2010-Kurt's New Hobby

Really he has been fishing all summer long, but I haven't posted about it yet. It started back in the spring I guess when Kurt decided to pull out the old boat in his parents' back yard. It had been sitting there for 20 some years untouched before Kurt got his hands on it.

He started to clean it up and fix things that were broken, and before long his dad got it registered and it was ready to be put on the water. Kurt and his brother Kraig took it for a test run out on Strawberry Reservoir one Saturday and I haven't seen him since! Well actually I have seen him, just not on Saturday's.

Amy and I actually went out a couple of times, but usually Kurt gets up way to early on Saturday morning for us to go with him. Poor Hailey gets left behind at Grandma's until she is big enough to wear a life vest.

I think it is a good hobby for Kurt and he seems to really enjoy it. He doesn't keep any of the fish and I am totally fine with that since I don't eat fish!

He does have another fishing boat that we somehow acquired during the summer and now it lives in our garage. He takes that out mostly now instead of the one at his Dad's.

Here are some pictures of the most recent fishing trip to Strawberry.





No comments: