Here we go again! Another broken arm in the family and at this point all I can do is laugh! Not that it's funny that Hailey broke her arm, but just the fact that this is the 4th broken arm in less than 2 years for my girls. I think we have had our fair share for awhile! So how did it happen this time? Well, Friday afternoon Amy and Hailey were sitting out back on the top of the deck stairs (which don't have any rails) and Hailey went to lean back on her arms but when she put her hand back, she put it off of the stair. Since there wasn't anything there, she lost her balance and fell to the cement below, landing on her wrist and hitting her eye. We knew right away that it was probably broken and took her in to have it checked out. An hour or so later she had a splint on her arm and we were on our way, or so I thought. On Sunday I got a phone call from the doctor saying that they looked at the x-rays and saw that she had two fractures on her wrist instead of one and that she needed to go back in for a different splint. She actually did pretty well this time and wasn't as afraid of everything as she was the first time. She only needs the cast for 3 weeks, but it's clear up to her arm pit so I can't imagine that it is very comfortable.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! 4 broken arms?? Your girls must have brittle bones. :) I can't believe we've never had a broken bone (knock on wood). Your poor girls!
Post a Comment